Sony has announced that two of their best phones from 2014 is now receiving Android 5.0 Lollipop. We’re referring to the Sony Xperia Z3 and Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. The upgrade is headed out to Baltic and Nordic countries first, but Sony promises that expansions will reach more regions a couple of weeks after.
They also mention that other products in the extensive Z lineup will also be getting their upgrades some point after that. Remember that they’ve promised to bring the upgrade to every single device in the Xperia Z family, so you don’t have to wonder whether your older device is on the roadmap.
Here are the changes Sony decided to highlight for those of you eager to upgrade:
- Fresh, streamlined looks – based on Google’s material design, but retaining our minimalistic approach to interface and application design
- New look notifications and lock screen – with fully customizable settings, so you only get the information you really need
- Multi user profiles and guest mode – making it easy for family and friends to use your device, or the creation of dual environments for work and play…
- Android for Work – not only are business-ready Xperia smartphones and tablets unique devices for work – with waterproof form factors, great battery life and productivity features – they will now also be part of the Android for Work ecosystem
- Better storage control and customisation – with the option to easily move applications from internal memory to SD card – giving you more control over your content, particularly useful for devices with slightly less space
Of course, it’s worth noting that specific rollout schedules depend on carrier and market, so if you’re not seeing the upgrade immediately you’ll have to wait for your wireless provider to put a bit more pep into their step. Let us know how things are if you are lucky enough to pull it down today!
from Phandroid http://ift.tt/1BLXCkj